It’s been a busy month on the works taking place adjacent to the Club on the Environment Agency’s Skipton Flood Alleviation Scheme. The following points provide the main updates but note there is further information available on our dedicated page, which can be found here.
- The embankment is now almost at full height, with just topsoil to be added. The two mounds are topsoil waiting to be spread…not new tees !
- The new tee is to be positioned just below the level of the new 17th green platform, between the green and the concrete culvert entrance.
- David Jones visited 21st September to finalise the new green and tee shaping and finishing with EA. The new 17th green will be shaped and finished in spring 2017.
- The new 9th tee is almost complete, with a back position 500yards from the centre of the green.
- Seeding to both areas should commence before the end of this year’s growing season.
- MJ Abbott Ltd visited club on 28th September and confirmed work will start on new holes as soon as weather and ground conditions permit after March 2017.
Meanwhile we continue to have full existing 18 holes open for play.